School's been going pretty well, but there's something extremely exciting that's been taking over my mind for the past week or so. Here it is: Inspired by that huge screen floating above Cowboys Stadium, yes, Jerryvision, I've decided to attempt to build a video wall. A video wall is basically when you use multiple displays to show a single image. For instance, which is what I plan to do, if you take 9 TVs and arrange them 3x3 and display one image across them all, you've created a video wall. Seeing how this kind of system must be driven by a computer, I've decided to build my own computer to drive this video wall. I've ordered the parts from NewEgg and I plan on getting them tomorrow or the day after (bad weather in Dallas slowed UPS for a day, damnit, so we'll see what happens). Here are the specs:
- 3.06GHz Intel Core i7-950 130W Quad Core, 256KB L2 Cache, 8MB L3 Cache
- AVerMedia AVerTV HDMI Interface
- This has 2 HDMI input so I can hookup DIRECTV or something like that.
- 5x GeForce 9500 GT, 1GB 128-bit DDR2
- That's right. FIVE OF THEM! That bring me to a total of 10 DVI-out's. Amaze.
- 24 GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
- 'nuff said.
- In Win Dragon Rider Black Full Tower Computer Case
- This thing comes with a 22cm fan built into the case. I'm pretty sure I haven't even seen a case fan that big.
- Sony Optiarc Blu-Ray Burner
- I decided to go with this since it can burn and play everything, so I shouldn't have to upgrade this puppy for a while.
- LGA 1366 Intel X58 4-WAY SLI Classified XL ATX Intel Motherboard
- Just the regular stuff except that its and XL ATX with 7 PCI-E's.
- Xigmatek 800W, SLI Ready, CrossFire Ready, 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
- Maaaaaybe a little overkill, but it sounds cool, right?
- Samsung EcoGreen 1TB, 5400 RPM, 32MB Cache, SATA 3.0Gb/s, Hard Drive
- Just. In. Case.
BTW, if any of you reading this know for a fact that this machine will not accomplish what I'm trying to do. Please tell me. This monster would make a pretty sweet work computer anyway.
Here's the NewEgg un-boxing video for the case I bought: